Optim 2: High throughput protein stability instrument
Optim is an innovative analytical instrument designed to probe multiple protein stability-indicating parameters at high speed using ultra-low sample volumes of proteins and other molecules.
Compact and robust, using a light scattering and fluorescence technology in a configuration never seen before and controlled by an all-new easy-to-use intuitive software package, the Optim 2 has been designed to reduce the time and cost of therapeutic protein preformulation studies, protein stability testing and formulation development.
Optim 2 will simultaneously measure a range of protein stability indicating parameters including unfolding transition temperature (Tm), aggregation onset temperature (Tagg) and rates of aggregation, giving you greater insight into identifying the candidate molecules or formulations with the most favourable properties much earlier in the development process. Earlier analysis eliminates the cost associated with the unnecessary development of candidates or formulations that do not have the potential to proceed and dramatically reduces the chance of late-stage failure. To read how our current users utilise Optim’s ability click here.
To read Optim 2′s full specifications click here.
Optim 2 is designed to address three specific industry challenges:
- The need for increased speed of analysis.
- Low sample availability- especially in early development.
- The desire to measure more stability indicating parameter.
Optim 2 meets these challenges with its innovative features:
- Speed of analysis: Capability to analyse up to 48 temperature controlled samples simultaneously. 144 samples measured in a high resolution thermal ramp per day
- Low sample availiability: Best in class sample volumes, only 9 microlitres per sample
- Orthogonal stability indicating measurements: Simultaneous fluorescence and light scattering analysis for label free probing of both protein unfolding and aggregation. Analysis of the effects of temperature, time and chemical environment on your biomolecule
Optim is designed to measure the aggregation, unfolding and stability of microlitre volumes of candidate biopharmaceutical products under different physical, chemical and formulation conditions. Optim can be applied to:
- Lead candidate selection and optimisation
- Preformulation studies
- Candidate formulation
- Stability studies
Download our Optim 2 brochure 5MB
Read what our customers say about Optim